Business promotion and running a successful business go hand in hand. Promoting your business should be a conscious effort and cannot be relied on others to do it for you. Although you can budget for it, promoting your business does not have to be too costly. Here are some ways to promote effectively without making your wallet lighter.
- Business stationary is a great tool. Make sure to include your phone number, fax, email, and website somewhere on the document.
- Write about what you know. Draft articles on topics that relate to your business. Get them published on blogs, local newspapers, and magazines.
- Create social media accounts and develop material for a blog. Remember it’s one thing to just have the account but it needs to updated frequently.
- Do you go to various events and promotions? Hand out freebies with your logo on it. T-shirts, pens, and bags are some useful ideas.
- Contact your local radio station. Find a show that appeals to your interests and inquire about being a guest speaker.
- Volunteer with local organizations, charities, and philanthropies.
Face to face promotion can be one of the most effective ways to promote your business. Follow these tips and you will be well on your way to establishing a successufl small business.